Friday, December 22, 2006

Five Things You Don't Know About Me

Today the awesome Boston Gal and Wanda of Well-Heeled tagged me to reveal five things about myself that my readers don't know. Welcome to readers who found me through those links, and here goes:

1. I wrote my undergraduate thesis on James Joyce's Ulysses. It's my proudest academic achievement, and secretly, I miss working on it.

2. I lived in Berlin for about four months, learning German and exploring the (fantastic) city. I fell totally, entirely, completely in love with Berlin, and with Kreuzberg, the neighborhood in which I lived there. I can't wait to go back. My German, however, is rapidly deteriorating for lack of practice.

3. I don't own a television. When I'm at my parents' place, though, I'll watch Law and Order anytime it's on, no matter how many times I've already seen the episode.

4. I listen to audiobooks of British murder mysteries when I'm trying to fall asleep. This sleep habit bugs my boyfriend only slightly less than my habit of showering before bed and going to bed with wet hair (it's a curly-hair thing! it needs to air-dry!).

5. I have an extremely close relationship with my younger sister. We fought and hated each other for a long time, and now we're pretty much best friends.

I'm tagging the fabulous folks behind the following blogs: The 100 by 30 Project, No Money in Poetry, and A Pile of Coins (my very favorite German-practice pf blog!). Hop to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I lived in Berlin for a very short time a couple years ago. Can't say I learned much German, but I loved the u-bahn. Mass transporation of dreams! Did you visit the palaces? My favorite was Sanssouci (I think that translates to "no worries").

Anyhow, very cool that you've lived in Berlin. :)

Anonymous said...

I responded to your tag. I can't figure out how to send you a trackback without being a blogger member, but check it out! Hope you had a good holiday.