Thursday, January 17, 2008

ING Savings Sweepstakes

This is sort of hidden in the ING website, so I thought you might not know about it: ING is running a $60,000 Automatic Saver sweepstakes. They're giving away 5 $1,000 prizes every month, and one $30,000 grand prize at the end of the contest's run, in June. Every month in which you have at least $100 autodrafted into an ING account, you're automatically entered to win. As long as the autodrafts total $100 or more per month, you get an entry for that month's prize.

To set up autodrafts at ING, go to the "transfer money" tab and select an "automatic savings plan." More information about the sweepstakes can also be found by clicking "transfer money" (it seems to be the only place the information is available, weirdly enough)--so I think you'll need an ING account to check out the details.

This might be a good motivator to bump up your autodrafts, if they're below $100/month!

8 comments:

Alison said...

oh wow, I didn't know about that! I have my paycheck direct deposited into my ING account every 2 weeks, so I should be good to go. thanks for posting :)

Frugal Pursuit said...

Thanks for the clarification. I was not sure if I needed to increase my automatic transfer (which does add up to at least $100 per month but is not $100 per transfer) or not. Where did you find that information?

SavingDiva said...

I don't have an automatic transfer set-up, but I'm going to start one!

SJean said...

Looks like direct deposits count too. They did this last year as well. It is sort of hidden away, thanks!

Anonymous said...

they've done this before, and i did auto txrs because of it - it was fun! it's like a win-win lottery.

Tired of being broke said...

Direct deposits count??? Ok I have to check this out. I have money going into my checking account, but I can divert some of that to savings.

I am going to log into ING and clarify.

Gula said...

Today I got a notice in the mail from ING Direct that I was one of the Sweepstake winners and enclosed was a check for almost $5000. It's very believable because I also received (separately) my ING statement. It looked too good to be true until I researched "ING SWEEPSTAKES HOAX" read about the guy who got scammed. The check didn't clear and he wanted to sue ING Direct.

The check (according to the letter) was to assist me in paying the Non-Resident Government Service Tax and it must be paid in full before winnings can be legally released. Very fishy, indeed. Beware of the sweepstakes scams, especially if it should ask you for money to process your (bogus) winnings. Yes, ING Direct included. I don't see why don't shut down the websites that use its company name to scam poor and gullible people.

Gula said...

By the way, here's the address on the ING Direct letterhead (red lion included!)

ING DIRECT
111 GORDON BAKER RD
TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA
V9Y 5GB