Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Got a Raise!

So, I need to give more feedback, provide more follow-up updates, and...they think I'm great, are going to try to put me in charge of a revised edition, and are giving me a 6.66% raise, effective immediately.

Yay!

It'll probably work out to about $50 more per paycheck. I have no idea what I'll use it for, though. I'll probably add half of it to my savings allocation and parcel the rest out to various spending categories.

I should add, though, that the real reason I feel awesome right now is that this meeting made me feel better about my job than I have in quite awhile. Both my bosses focused on things I bring to the job that I really value, like the care I take with reading manuscripts, and I'm excited about taking on a book of my own. I guess I really am one of those people who begins to check out when not challenged and who comes to life when offered exciting stuff to tackle.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

After some research and reading your blog, I just opened my Roth IRA with Vanguard.

This is the first time I post a comment on your blog, but I have been reading it for several weeks. I LOVE IT! Keep up the great work :)

A. Marigold said...

That's great! Both that you got a raise, and that it's pretty significant, as far as raises go :).

Good job!

English Major said...

Congratulations to you, coffeebean, for opening your Roth--and thanks for the compliment!

strange bird, unfortunately, the significance of the percentage is more due to the small size of my salary than to the large size of the raise! I do, however, take consolation in the fact that they gave me the largest raise they're allowed to give me, and that speaks well of my performance.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I remember the day that I received a promotion and huge pay raise completely out of the blue. You're right, it's so validating.

God, I miss making money.

Well Heeled Blog said...

Congrats! I have a friend who works in publishing, and she says that editorial assistants who perform well are promoted pretty rapidly with corresponding increases in pay. Looks like you're doing great! :)

plonkee said...

Congratulations on the good review. Its nice to see that they've put their money where their mouth is as well.

Tired of being broke said...

Congrats on the raise. I am right there with you about checking out when nothing is going on at the job. I am going through it right now, I need a challenge ASAP before my mind jumps off the bridge.

Janet said...

Congratulations!

I have to wait until May 22 for the annual review/raise. I'm hoping it's more than 4-5%.

I feel the same with tiredofbeingbroke does on checking out ... either I need a new project or a new job has to come sooner.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! For both the raise and the good review!