Friday, October 05, 2007

PF Bloggers Give Back

I'm proud to announce the opening of the PF Bloggers Donors Choose Challenge! (Catchy name, huh?) As you may or may not know, Donors Choose is a great charitable organization that connects the needs of teachers and their classrooms directly with donors. HC, at One Big Mortarboard, has selected a number of those needs that relate directly to personal finance, and it's up to us to make sure that these students get the financial education we like to talk about.

I donated $120 today. Anything you can spare will help: $20, $10, even $1. Please check out our challenge!

4 comments:

Mrs. Micah said...

Very cool. I'll try to find some space in the budget to donate to it. :-)

Anonymous said...

As the challenge owners, do see the names of contributors?

HC said...

s/100/30,

Since I organized the challenge, I have access to the challenge profile.

That includes the names of those who donated, but not any other identifying information. I will absolutely NOT disclose anyone's real name in any context. And nobody else has access to the challenge profile.

On a related note, you should get a receipt/thank you note which will include your name (as it is part of your donor profile). But the site itself claims stringent security and will not disclose your name for any other purpose.

I hope this alleviates your concerns. If not, please email me.

Anonymous said...

This is awesome -- thanks for letting us know about this! Your blog is one of my favorites, because you are using your accumulated wealth and PF knowledge to help others in need. Very inspiring!