Friday, November 10, 2006

First Post

For the past month or so, I've been reading personal finance blogs, where much is made over the lack of earning potential attached to an English degree.

I am the proud possessor of an English degree from a private liberal-arts college. I graduated in May. I began my current job (entry-level publishing) in September with a net worth, if it's even worth calling that, of $2,500. My pie-in-the-sky goal is to triple that by this coming September. That doesn't seem like very much at all, but in true entry-level (and English major) form, I don't make a whole lot of money.

Perhaps more importantly, I don't know very much at all about money. This is partially because I come from a family with plenty of it, and partially because I have had a tendency to blindly decide that it should not be a factor in my decisions. I'd like to make informed decisions about my money, so as to be able to do as much as possible with my life.

I am starting this blog to participate in some of the interesting discussions on personal finance blogs and to share my own fumbling attempts to attain financial literacy.

So, welcome to An English Major's Money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi English Major- Welcome to the PF blogoshere! I am also an English major and have a similar blog you should check out. I've read a bunch of your posts and really related to the things you've mentioned. We have very similar backgrounds. Good luck with your blog!