Thursday, February 28, 2008

Got a Bite on My Resume!

I'd idly sent my resume out to a couple of publishing houses a couple of weeks ago; just submitting through websites, not really thinking too hard about it. Today, I got an email from someone at one of those houses asking me to submit a cover letter--apparently, I failed to properly attach one through their online application platform. Which is awesome, actually--it means they liked my resume enough to want to look at a cover letter! Though I'm prone to conducting personal business (like, uh, blogging) at work, I didn't think they'd appreciate an email on my current employer's time, so I'll be redoing my cover letter and sending it off when I get home tonight. It's a long way from an entry-level position, and it would be hard to pass up, if I could actually get an offer.

Perhaps related, perhaps not: I think I'm going to stop by Sephora this afternoon to spend some of the gift certificate my aunt gave me for Christmas, and I'm itching, for the first time in years and years, to dye my hair.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and best of luck! That is very exciting for you! ;)

Kim said...

Congrats!

I myself am itching for a new hair cut, and perhaps a pedicure...none of which I have gift certificates for :-)

And, um, who DOESN'T blog at work!?

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I hope that goes well and is awesomely fun. :)

asgreen said...

Congratulations! That's great, and enjoy Sephoria. =)