Friday, April 06, 2007

Hello From Chicago

Where I mostly, really, am not thinking at all about money, except to wonder if the friends-and-family discount at K's sister-in-law-to-be's sister's salon would enable me to get my nails and eyebrows done after all. K's parents have kindly put us up in a hotel room, lent us a car, and picked us up at the airport bearing sandwiches and water.

I'll probably decline to spring for too much beautification (maybe a pedicure—my shoes are open-toe), but it's all a nice reminder that the point of money is a means to an end rather than an end in and of itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Chicago. I'm looking forward to reading about the trip!

And you've inspired me to start a PF blog of my own, I thought you should know: http://gradgirl.wordpress.com.

GG

Anonymous said...

I love this one, it is such a nice thought and definitely reminds me of the things that are really important in life.

I sometimes do assistant job for wedding photographers. Some weddings are so emotional and moving, while they also help me to put lots of things in perspective. Hope you are having great time up in Chicago!!