Monday, April 02, 2007

Things I Currently Want but Have No Concrete Plans to Buy

-A cold brewing system for making summer iced coffees.
-A set of pitchers (for coffee concentrate & sugar water, for making summer iced coffees).
-A fancy pipe (for smoking tobacco products only). I saw this really beautiful one with a long, thin, curved stem...cobalt blue glass...pretty!
-A million sundresses.
-Two pairs of boots, one each in black and brown.
-Tons and tons of sandals.
-This one really pretty bolero cardigan.
-A manicure, a pedicure, an eyebrow wax, and a lower-leg wax (I will, reluctantly, do it my own self--I actually do a good job of doing my own eyebrows and nails, but I hate putting in the time).
-A plane ticket to [the small city in which I went to college].
-A windowbox herb garden.
-A cigarette case.
-Sushi and sorbet every day from now until October.
-An ice cream machine for making my own sorbet.
-The Lives of Others on DVD.


I will be buying some clothing for the spring, soon, and I'm looking into getting the cold-brewing system cheap on eBay, but most of these are things I just won't buy, because I can't afford 'em and can live without 'em. That's the ultimate bottom line of any budget: can't afford it? Then don't buy it. I think we do sometimes gloss over that part of financial responsibility: it's not all bargain-hunting and resourcefulness--there are things you just have to give up, sometimes.

4 comments:

3 Things About Money said...

Great list! This is the hardest thing for me, accepting that there are just some things I have to give up. Ah well, I keep my eyes on the debt-free prize.

plonkee said...

Yep, realising you can't have things is not as much fun as going out and buying them. But its a whole lot more fun than paying off debt that you can't afford.

AK said...

Hi there :) I'm a phd student trying to save money (my blog is http://aks-research.blogspot.com/) and I read on your blog that you wanted to buy a cigarette case. I have a Louis Vuitton cigarette case that I have absolutely no use for (as I gave up smoking). If you like it, I can post it to you, as I would love to see it go to a good home :) (free of course!)

AK

baoerji said...

wow gold
wow gold
eve isk
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
wow power leveling
warhammer gold
warhammer power leveling
bestchina traveland
UGG Mini
UGG Sundance
Tiffany Accessories