Friday, March 28, 2008

You Must Change Your Life

Yesterday I bought two domain names. I bought forwarding for one of them to the other. I signed up for another monthly bill: web hosting at Laughing Squid, which has a great reputation and a "starving artists" discount.

I am embarking on something. I am so excited. I do not know, quite, how all of these things are going to get paid for, and the extra monthly bill is not in my budget. But. I have money in the bank, and there comes a time when you can't any more not do the thing that is pressing out of you from inside, somewhere inside the rib cage and the spinal column, jerking you upright on the subway.

You must change your life. And this is why I've saved hard for the last year and a half, so that when I want to do something like I want to do this thing that I've begun to do for real, I can do it.

9 comments:

VixenOnABudget said...

Congratulations. Always good to see someone going for their dreams.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Congratulations!

And that is in the top 10 of my favorite poems of all time. :)

Anonymous said...

What are you embarking on??? I'm dying to know, can't wait for you to share!

Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Very exciting!! I look forward to seeing what you do with it...if you feel like sharing once it's done. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how excited this post made me! Just the thought that one actually can make changes in life... I kind of feel like life is just happening to me sometimes. Good reminder.

(And, like everyone else, dying to know what you're working on!)

PiggyBankBlues said...

that is very cool, i love that feeling you get when you finally just push off. bon voyage!

btw, thanks for the link to rilke, it was a nice morning read :)

mysticdomestica said...

How exciting and mysterious... I hope you'll be sharing more about this venture!

Anonymous said...

how exciting...

partialexponent said...

Congratulations and good luck! :)

I always thought your profile sounded just like my best friend ('06 grad, English major, NYC, etc.) now the Rilke poem confirms it. :P I just wish she was as good with money as you are...