Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Float Fund Update

I got the $25 reimbursement check from the accounting department today, and I'll be putting it into my Bank of America savings account (the one I really only use to hold my Keep the Change transfers) to start up my float fund. I just need a little $100 cushion to cover the initial outlay on these kinds of expenses. I'll submit the request for reimbursement for the Metrocard by the 24th, and should get the check from my FSA in time to buy the next one (I think this one expires on the 3rd), but I can always put it on my credit card to buy myself a week or so.

I just think once I get into the rhythm of the outlay-reimbursement cycle, it'll be so much easier. It just hit me all at once, and suddenly everything felt very, very tight. The float fund is intended to prevent that happening again in future.

2 comments:

Quang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

"Float Fund" oh thats the name for it... I too have an extra $100 in my checking account for things like over-draft fees.....

thanks for the name, I forgot what it was called... Float fund will go nicely with my "Emergency Fund" and my "Security Fund" =]